Thursday, April 22, 2010

Plumbing Issues ~ Friday Fails

So, Myra at My Blessed Life has challenged us to share our weekly fails and imperfections....  Ok, maybe not so much imperfections, but she is definately helping us to keep it real!

Before I tell you about my FAIL, let me share some info about my house.  My house is an older home that has been added on to about 547 times.  Let me tell you that I LOVE my house.  It is a small house, but it is just the right size for us. 

We have lived here for about 7 years.  During that time, the kitchen sink had days when it would not drain well.  Some days it was the best kitchen sink in the world.  Other days, not so much.  Well, this problem went on for days, months, years, until it stopped draining completely!

Being the handy supermom that I am, I proceed to pour different things down the drain.  Bleach solves a multitude of problems right?  Um, NO!  Still not draining.  Oh, I heard that salt followed by boiling water would work.  Um, NO!

So, I told my husband about the problem.  Being the fantastic man that he is, he called the plumber.  So the plumber came out and got to work.  After taking apart the plumbing under the sink while the little boys watched and gave a play by play of every move he took, he found the problem.

The sink would not drain because there were 4 plastic straws that went down the drain and got stuck!  Turns out that sometimes the kids would put their drinks with straws in the sink and the opening was just big enough for them to go down.

Plumbing bill - $115.
FAIL!!!

To read more Friday Fails and to link up your own, visit My Blessed Life.

And I hear that to be a good blogger, you should have a picture on every post so how about some pictures of my cute boys taken by Marsha Barton Photography


Did you see their tie shirts and shorts?  Mimi made those.  Aren't they fantastic?

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Charissa

4 comments:

  1. Oh the things I have to look forward to as GG grows up. Glad you got your plumbing problem fixed! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had 'straw in the sink' issues BEFORE our little Oreo was born! I can't imagine what will happen when he's big enough to put things in the sink too...ahhh
    http://luvsjurn3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had straws in the sink before, but I've found them in the washing machine and in the 3 year olds bed...

    $115= Ouch!
    But glad your sink works now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Straws? I loved reading this. You made me laugh!!!

    Thanks for linking up to Friday Fails! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from you and look forward to reading your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails