Monday, September 21, 2009

Guard your heart!

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately. Duh. I've been trying to get ideas, find formats, cute little things, and useful things for our blog. Now I'm not the technical genius of this team, by any stretch of the imagination! Charissa is behind the scenes, trying to make my requests realities here in blogland. She's great and she understands the language of computers, genius that she is!

But more important than the cute factor of a blog is what it gives you. What you take away from it. There are many voices in the world today and we must be careful which ones we listen to!! Now I'm not saying that what I have to say is that important or it's the be-all, end-all only voice you should be listening to. At all. No, you should only follow me as I follow Christ. When I veer from that path, feel free to call me on it.

Having said that there are a lot of good blogs out there, by Christian women, young and old who are worthy of a look. Mostly I've been lurking, I guess. That sounds so ugly! But I think in the world of blogs and forums that's what I do. I want to be absolutely sure about content and theology before I recommend that you go reading. Even though this could potentially never be read or shared by anyone, I know that I'm responsible for my words and actions.

So, if you are following or even randomly reading this and have thought that I'm not reading your blog because I havent listed it, that may not be true. The ladies who are listed as blogs I follow are women that I know to be the real deal. I've known them for some time and have seen their lives played out. They know the Lord Jesus Christ and are growing in their faith and devotion to Him and their families.

Bottom line here: Guard your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from you and look forward to reading your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails