Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mountain Trip

This is a picture I took while riding on the Cherohala Skyway. The picture doesn't do it justice! It was absolutely gorgeous. There was rain on one side of the mountain and on the other side there was sunshine and a rainbow! It was wonderful! In this shot you can see a little bit of both sunshine and rain. It looks like a black and white print, but it 's not.

Isn't that what life is like? Sometimes it's pouring rain and sometimes you have sunshine and blue skies. Things aren't always what they look like. But always we have God's promises to cling to.

While we were away I memorized Psalm 121 as part of a Bible Study I'm doing. This is the Holman Christian Standard Bible version.

"I raise my eyes toward the mountain, where will my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
The Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip,
your Protector will not slumber.
Indeed, the Protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep.
The Lord protects you.
The Lord is a shelter right by your side.
The sun will not strike you by day,
or the moon by night.
The Lord will protect you from all harm, He will protect your life.
The Lord will protect your coming and going both now and forever."

Do you hear that promise of protection? That's God's promise to you and me. Rest in it.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from you and look forward to reading your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails